Over a century of being the best – for patients, families and our community. We’re Baylor Health Care System (BHCS), a multi-hospital, not-for-profit organization that is setting the standard for healthcare excellence in the Dallas/Ft.Worth Metroplex. Baylor has achieved a number of honors, including being ranked in U.S News & World Report’s “America’s Best Hospitals”; nursing Magnet status for Baylor University Medical Center; Consumer Choice Award for Overall Quality and Image; Health Care’s “Most Wired” hospitals; and the Community Investor Award (Dallas Chamber of Commerce). Baylor is proud to offer day-1 eligibility for health and welfare benefits, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%, and our complimentary concierge service - The Baylor Butler. Explore a system of rewards and unmatched opportunities with healthcare’s brightest minds.
Job DescriptionBaylor Health Care System is a not-for-profit, faith-based healthcare system with many care locations in the Dallas-Ft. Worth community.
Turn talent into success with Baylor Health Care System.
Over a century of being the best - for patients, families and our community. We're Baylor Health Care System (BHCS), a multi-hospital, not-for-profit organization that is setting the standard for health care excellence in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. Baylor has achieved a number of honors, including being ranked in U.S News & World Report's "America's Best Hospitals"; nursing Magnet status for Baylor University Medical Center and Baylor Heart and Vascular Hospital; Consumer Choice Award for Overall Quality and Image; Health Care's "Most Wired" hospitals and the Dallas Business Journal's Best Places to Work.
Registered Nurse – Transfer Coordinator
Baylor Health Care System
In support of our organization, there is an immediate opening within Baylor Health Care System for a PRN RN Transfer Coordinator. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the following areas:
The Transfer Coordinator is a Registered Nurse who facilitates the transfer of patients to and within the Baylor Health Care System (BHCS). The primary purpose of the position is to facilitate physicians/consumers access to BHCS hospitals and physicians through the Transfer Center. Nurses in this role have accountability for providing excellent customer service which will result in enhanced customer satisfaction.
Skills needed for the position include: ability to project friendly helpful image over the phone, strong clinical assessment skill, working knowledge of applicable regulatory rules and requirements, ability to ask questions and provide disposition recommendation, exceptional problem solving skills, ability to work effectively and collaboratively with diverse members of the health care team, ability to communicate effectively and concisely and use clinical and organizational skills to assist BHCS to grow market share and enhance/maintain reputation in outlying communities.
Ensures documentation is concise and meets standards utilizing all appropriate forms.
1. Assures Transfer Center calls will be processed in accordance with the standards and protocols.
2. Oversees and supports the work of the Transfer Center Room Control Coordinator.
3. Follows protocols to secure timely and accurate information from referring institutions and physicians.
4. Uses information from available electronic systems to provide direction to caller regarding patient disposition and contacts appropriate medical staff to accept patient. Contacts appropriate staff to secure bed for transferred patients.
5. Utilizes information regarding patient needs and utilizes the broad array of system resources to meet needs optimizing the value of the service for all System facilities.
6. Facilitates transfers to all BHCS hospitals in an unbiased, standardized manner.
7. Facilitates the coordination of patient’s transfer with physicians, staff RN’s, and other departments while meeting state and federal regulations (COBRA/EMTALA); plan of care to optimize patient outcomes and decrease length of stay.
8. Utilizes Care Coordination and Transfer Center Medical Director as a resource to appropriate transfer of patients and availability of services for optimal financial impact.
9. Uses all work-related time productively covering both the Transfer Center and other department activities (such as the Denial Resource Center and Clinical Auditing) between calls and transfers.
10. Addresses concerns immediately to report issues consistent with the issue resolution standards.
11. Participates in performance improvement activities as assigned.
12. Exemplifies highest level of customer service skills and etiquette with internal and external customers striving to be friendly and helpful on each call and to answer call quickly.
13. Maintains confidentiality of the content of the call and does not discuss calls or make disrespectful remarks about callers.
14. Develops respectful relationships with internal and external customers by listening, understanding and providing solutions to their needs.
15. Provides follow-up calls and communication with both internal and external customers to meet the needs of the patient.
16. Assumes personal responsibly for raising referring physician customer satisfaction, increasing the number of new referring physicians and for growing the BHCS market share.
17. Monitors call wait times and assists all team members to identify strategies which promote short wait times and efficiency.
18. Seeks creative ways to improve current process to help promote the image and services of the BHCS.
19. Meets productivity standards without compromising quality.
At Baylor, you'll enjoy a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Assistance Program
Explore a system of rewards and unmatched opportunities with health care's brightest minds.
Apply online at www.baylorhealth.com/careers
Baylor is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Baylor does not accept unsolicited resumes sent by or on behalf of a third party agency or firm. Baylor will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed "Baylor Agency Fee Agreement."
College Degree applicable to position
3 - 5 years experience
Critical care background is preferred.