About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Utilities & Infrastructures, Industries & Machine Manufacturers, Non-residential Buildings, Data Centres & Networks and in Residential. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group's 130,000 plus employees achieved sales of 22.4 billion euros in 2011, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations make the most of their energy. www.schneider-electric.com
West Kingston, RI
Schneider Electric has an outstanding opportunity for a passionate/motivated individual to assume the role of Infrastructure Architect in our West Kingston, RI facility.
• Collaborate Business Relationship Managers (BRMs) to understand Service Strategy and Business Unit goals and priorities.
• Design and introduce new hardware, software, and network infrastructure services in line with SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC NA Operations Services Strategy and Business Unit strategies.
• Understand the business needs to introduce innovative technical solutions that grow the bottom line and/or speed time to market.
• Create architecture project deliverable solutions based on SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC NA Operations Services architecture standards and principles
• Knowledge of methods and best practices including TOGAF and ITIL.
• Responsible for making technical decisions, facilitating progress, managing issues through to closure, and taking corrective actions when they are necessary.
• Strong communication and planning skills are necessary.
• Provide the role of Enterprise, Domain, and Solution Architect as required
• Infrastructure Architect with degree in related field and equivalent experience in related field.
• 10 years work experience, 5 years experience as an architect preferred. Infrastructure Engineer with relevant experience will also be considered
• Experience with end to end infrastructure architecture and technologies
- Hardware engineering, and network standards, creation of infrastructure stack templates
- Storage technology
- Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Application Servers and middleware integration
- Hardware sizing, deployment architecture, consideration of operational procedures
- Scalability, performance, reliability, availability design of compute, storage, network
- Security implications and solutions
- Load balancer (F5), directory services (LDAP / AD)
• Experience with UNIX, LINUX, and Windows server operating systems and virtualization.
• Advanced knowledge and experience with Enterprise Service Bus and Cloud technology (private and public).
• Search technologies, data content systems, Database and data warehouse systems.
• Data Center Optimization, Data Center Management Processes, Data Center Facilities Experience
• Excellent presentation, business communication, conceptualization, analytical and logic skills
• Ability to effectively and professionally communicate, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to articulate and translate technical language to non-technical customers.
• Ability to interact at all levels; advise on strategy, consult with architecture assessments, or roll up sleeves when required to lead SWAT teams.
• Mentor technologists and evangelize the practice of architecture
• Experience with standard IT development, deployment and agile methods
• TOGAF Certification, ITIL V3 Foundation Certification
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy.
About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions to make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green across multiple market segments. The Group has leadership positions in energy and infrastructure, industrial processes, building automation, and data centres/networks, as well as a broad presence in residential applications. With 22.4 billion euros (approx 29.7 billion dollars) sales in 2011, the company's 130,000+ employees are committed to help individuals and organizations "Make the most of their energy."
Please apply online at http://us-careers.schneider-electric.com.
Schneider Electric is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or veteran status.
| || Pour garantir la confidentialité et la protection de vos données lors d'une candidature en ligne : Ne donnez jamais votre numéro de carte bancaire ou vos coordonnées bancaires et n'exécutez jamais d'opérations financières. |