For nurses who prefer to blaze their own career path.
Nursing careers at UnitedHealth Group are anything but ordinary. There’s an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. A passion for excellence you won’t find anywhere else. We ask tough questions. We push ourselves and each other to find smarter solutions. The result is a culture of performance that’s driving the health care industry forward. Nursing here isn’t for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Learn more, and start doing your life’s best work.SM
House Calls Practitioner (Per Diem) Arkansas Statewide
Care Improvement Plus Practioners is now a part of UnitedHealth Care Medicare & Retirement.
UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
Imagine joining a group of professionals and clinicians who are working to improve health care for people over 50. Consider the influence you can have on the quality of care for millions of people. Now, enhance that success with enthusiasm you can really feel.
That's how it is at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. Every day, we're collaborating to improve the health and well being of the fastest growing segment of our nation's population. And we're doing it with an intense amount of dedication.
Here, you will discover a culture that grows through challenge. That evolves by being flexible. That succeeds by staying true to our mission to make health care work effectively and efficiently for seniors. Put your best to work for us, and discover extraordinary opportunities for growth.
House Calls practitioners conduct in-home health assessments on enrolled Medicare Advantage members. A House Calls practitioner will complete visits on members within a geographic area of responsibility. The nature of the House Calls visit can vary and could include performing an annual health assessment, a post discharge visit, or visiting more complex members more than once per year.
- Conduct in-home assessments on health plan members. Average visit is 45-60 minutes in length. House Calls Assessment includes:
- Past medical history
- Review of systems
- Physical examination
- Medication review
- Depression screening
- Responsible for checking vitals, conducting a physical exam that includes monofilament test, urine dipstick, and foot exam (as appropriate).
- Identify diagnoses to be used in care management and active medical management in the furtherance of treatment.
- Formulate a list of current and past medical conditions using clinical knowledge and judgment and the findings of your assessment.
- Communicate findings in your assessment that will be used to inform members PCP of potential gaps in care.
- Identify needs and opportunities to generate clinical referrals to Care Improvement Plus and / or the primary care physician.
- Educate members on topics such as disease process, medication, and compliance.
- Compliance with all HIPAA regulations and maintain security of protected health information (PHI).
Required Education and Experience:
- NP, MD, or DO board certified or eligible with an active, unrestricted license to practice in state of assignment.
- Minimum of 1 year NP clinical experience required.
- Experience in gerontology, cardiology, internal medicine, or endocrinology a plus.
- Home care or home visit experience a plus.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent administrative, organizational and verbal skills are required.
- Professional image and behavior are required.
- Strong communication skills with the geriatric or Medicare population.
- Ability to navigate on the internet and work with personal computer.
- Ability to work independently.
- Detail oriented.
- Dependable and reliable.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
| || Pour garantir la confidentialité et la protection de vos données lors d'une candidature en ligne : Ne donnez jamais votre numéro de carte bancaire ou vos coordonnées bancaires et n'exécutez jamais d'opérations financières. |
Job Category: Infirmière/Infirmier
Job Reference Code: 387030