Since 1930, Yellowbook has focused on connecting consumers with local business clients to fuel small business growth and success. Today, as a national leader of customized small business marketing solutions, Yellowbook manages an expansive portfolio of digital, mobile and print tools to help its clients efficiently and effectively market their businesses.
Yellowbook’s marketing portfolio includes: Website design, hosting and optimization; scalable, customizable SEM and SEO programs; online advertising and video on one of the top 50 websites in the United States, the yellowbook.com network; yellow pages print advertising in approximately 1,000 directories in 48 states plus the District of Columbia; Yellowbook Direct Marketing services, and more.
One of the largest media sales team in the U.S., Yellowbook’s 3,000 plus media consultants take a 360-degree approach to small business marketing drawing from a colorful spectrum of products and services to blend the right solution for each of our clients. Yellowbook’s expanded portfolio is designed to help businesses reach potential customers wherever they search for information -and ultimately help businesses succeed. That’s Yellowbook 360. Beyond Yellow.
Founded in Long Island, New York, Yellowbook is owned by Yell Group, PLC, one of the Top 3 directory publishers in the world. It is publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange. According to Selling Power Magazine Yellowbook is consistently ranked as “One of the 50 Best Companies to Sell for in the United States.”
Yellowbook’s progressive strategy includes a number of industry firsts, including partnering with YouTube to expand the distribution of client online videos, launching an app for the iPad, reducing the size of its print directories. At Yellowbook, we constantly innovate to provide the best products and services to our clients to help fuel their business.
We embrace and value diversity in everything we do. This melting pot of differing opinions, perspectives, cultures and backgrounds energizes the company and fuels our passion to do what's right for our consumers, our clients and our employees. It drives our entrepreneurial culture, generates new ideas throughout the organization and makes Yellowbook a better, smarter, rewarding company for those of us fortunate enough to work here.
This is an inside sales representative – account executive position. Self-motivated, innovative, sales professionals will consult with small to medium size business owners about their online and print electronic advertising and marketing needs. Why should you choose Yellowbook? Yellowbook's progressive strategy, established national print base, extensive product usage,and brand recognition allow its salespeople to enjoy job satisfaction and unparalleled success!Responsibilities:
- Servicing current clients and expanding current business by understanding clients’ changing needs and making appropriate, innovative marketing, advertising, and media recommendations to strengthen your client’s marketplace presence; delivering the pinnacle of customer service
- Using interactive computer solutions, state of the art presentation tools to educate and sell the extensive, progressive Yellowbook suite of available solutions, including yellowbook.com, WebReach search engine marketing, SEO, websites, direct mail, video, printed directories, and more, based upon your prospective clients’ needs and goals
Continuously learning and growing in product and skill knowledge while participating in our world class training, company meetings and functions Responsibilities and/or Requirements:
You do not need sales, advertising, marketing, publishing, or media experience to be successful in this role! We embrace individuals from all different cultures and backgrounds with unique ideas and perspectives – it energizes the company and fuels our passion to do what‘s right.You do however, need the following:
- A strong work ethic; highly self-motivated and self-disciplined.
- Outgoing personality with expertise at developing relationships (i.e., “People Person”)
- Adaptable, resilient, positive attitude, with an unshakable optimism and willingness to be accountable for results
- Organized, detail-oriented, and excellent time-management skills
- Good communicator—excellent oral and written skills and ability to explain a vast array of products and services in a simple and concise manner
- Computer literate, internet savvy, and passionate about learning new systems
- Two years of sales experience is preferred but not required
College degree preferred but not required .: We Offer a Fantastic Benefits and Compensation Program!
- Competitive annual base plus commissions with uncapped earnings potential!
- Productivity bonuses, on-going incentives, company wide and local contests, etc.
- Medical, Rx, dental, vision, life insurance; FSA , EAP, and disability benefits
- Employee referral bonuses and Tuition assistance
- Professional Business hours (Monday – Friday)
- Comprehensive initial 3 week paid new hire training! Plus ongoing weekly training
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with matching and an ESPP
- Paid holidays, personal and vacation days
•Successful completion of a drug screen and background check is required of all new hires What do our employees think of working for Yellowbook?
“My old job was a grind – now I talk about the owner’s goals, dreams, and aspirations.”
“A reward for doing what’s right - I love hearing the ‘thank yous!’” “Our CEO AND CSO started as reps! You can build a career here!”
Go Beyond.Your career starts now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate.