Salaire de base
20,00 $ - 30,00 $ /heure
Education - Teaching - Administration
Temps de déplacement requis
Date de publication
SHARE YOUR WELDING KNOWLEDGE - JOIN US AS A WELDING (WEEK END CLASSES) INSTRUCTOR!
Charter College, a fast growing career college in Anchorage is now adding Welding Programs at our campus! We are seeking enthusiastic instructors to head up our new WELDING program. It is the philosophy of Charter College to provide a unique educational path for students that will lead to successful job performance and job satisfaction in health care, business, legal industries.
An association of caring and concerned administration; qualified, experienced and certified instructors; the College directs students not only to the highest level of academic achievement and performance but also to the nourishment of personal and professional growth.
Our Anchorage is rapidly expanding. We are looking for a WELDING instructor who has the commitment and drive to help students achieve their dreams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and provide all lecture, laboratory and clinical instruction according to the required curriculum.
- Follow current course outlines, objectives, and evaluation mechanisms for the program and/or develop such when indicated by the President.
- Maintain a lesson plan of daily instructional events.
- Monitor student attendance and retention and document as required by the administration.
- Grading assignments, returning graded assignments to students, and assigning final grades for all students in a timely manner.
- Provide educational assistance to students during regularly scheduled times (i.e., office hours) or by appointment
- Substitute in classes when necessary.
- Advise students as it relates to school policies, satisfactory performance, etc. Maintain communication with Dean of Education regarding such activity.
- Submit in writing current textbook, supply, and equipment needs to the Dean of Education.
- Monitor all equipment and supply inventory in locked facilities.
- Secure consumable supplies as well as educational materials from administrative office when needed.
- Maintain professional appearance.
- Communicate with Dean of Education on all issues related to students.
- Maintain professional expertise (faculty development) to meet accreditation standards by attending educational seminars in professional field, reading current literature, attending online courses, etc.
- Ensure that students follow the catalog guidelines daily.
- Attend all scheduled mandatory meetings.
- Serve on committees (e.g., curriculum development, retention, etc) as assigned based upon expertise or campus needs.
- Perform other duties as required.
WE ARE SEEKING INSTRUCTORS FOR THE FOLLOWING WEEKEND SHIFT:
Friday: 6:00pm to 10:15pm
Saturday: 1:00pm to 10pm (with a lunch break)
Sunday: 1:00pm to 5:15pm
- Three (3) years experience working as a welding professional with Associate of Applied Science Degree (A.A.S.) in Welding Technology or no experience with a Bachelor of Science Degree (B.S.) in Welding Engineering Technology or equivalent related field.
- AWS CWI certification along with welding vocational/technical training with pipe and structural welding certificates and (3) years experience in inspection or fabricator QC will be considered.
- Broad knowledge of welding applications, procedures, specifications, industry codes and standards, and applied metallurgy
- Proficient computer skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
Special Note: Immediately following the submission of your application you will be asked to take an assessment. This assessment helps us match your talents and attributes to our positions. Keep in mind if you choose to not participate in the assessment you will not be considered for the position. If you are applying for multiple positions, please be aware that you only need to complete the assessment once.
**Please save the below link so that you can refer back to the assessment link and instructions:
We are committed to diversity. Charter College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.